top of page
Law Firm

City of New York Lawsuits

Image by Jason Briscoe

Cases against the City of New York involve special legal considerations. File a Notice of Claim. If you fail to do this you can not bring a lawsuit. This means that if, for instance, you are crossing the street and are knocked down by a Sanitation Department truck, and you do not file a Notice of Claim with the City of New York within 90 days or you lose the right to bring a lawsuit. (Sometimes the failure to timely file the Notice of Claim can be corrected if a special proceeding is brought within a year and ninety days of the accident). The 90 day Notice of Claim requirement applies to many different types of cases against the City of New York including slip, trip, and fall injuries caused by curb and roadway defects, bus, truck, and subway accidents, incidents involving the Department of Education, and certain types of false arrest and police brutality cases. We will represent you if you have been involved in any motor vehicle crash involving a City owned car, truck, bus, even a police car. You should call us as soon as possible so that we can file a No Fault claim for you and the required Notice of Claim.

If you or a loved one has been injured in any kind of case involving the City of New York it is important that you call our office at 718-522-1743 as soon as possible for a free consultation.

bottom of page